Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across this stunning fireplace mantle while working on a renovation project. I know, in this state it was not “stunning” but I could see the extraordinary potential!
I knew this was a perfect candidate for an Amitha Verma Chalk Finish Paint makeover.
You may be wondering why I didn’t stain this mantle and keep the original color. Here’s why.
– In order to restore this piece, I would have to sand the piece – this would have taken me about 2-3 months using up any of my “spare time” (hubby does not help with this process!)
– This piece is very old and very fragile. The sanding process would have broken pieces off the mantle.
– Pieces of the mantle were missing. When you paint over these missing pieces, you don’t notice they are missing. If I stained it I would have had to find someone to hand carve the missing pieces and that would have cost a small fortune. No thanks!
– I only had a day to work on this project (really only an hour)
– We were looking for a fresher, lighter color palette and wanted to get away from darker tones
As you have now seen, you can radically transform your mantle with Amitha Verma Chalk Finish Paint in under 20 minutes by following these 3 simple steps:
Step #1: Clean It
Clean your mantle with this simple degreaser (I like Simple Green)
Step #2: Paint It
Use the Amitha Verma 2” Transform to paint your fireplace mantle with customer-favorite, Amitha Verma Chalk Finish Paint in Belgian Blue. The entire collection of Amitha Verma Chalk Finish Paint and products are available at True Value, Village Antiques, Bering’s and more. Pick up your very own can of paint today to begin your home transformation journey.
Step #3: Detail It
Although you could stop at step 2 and still achieve pro-level results, I was inspired to add a second color to the mantle so that I could add dimension and intrigue to this piece. I explain exactly where I applied the second color in the video – and why!
Now I’d love to hear from you:
1.Does your current fireplace mantle inspire you?
2.Would you makeover your fireplace so you can enjoy getting cozy in your home in style?
Let me know your answers in the comments below!
Still have some questions? Give us a call at 713-468-3931 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions!
High-priced interior decorators desperately want this hidden: YOU can transform your home into a gorgeous dwelling—all by yourself—and save thousands. All you need is a few dollars’ worth of material. Access this amazing secret RIGHT NOW, and revitalize your home...in just a few hours.