You’ve been patiently waiting now for a few weeks to sign up for our upcoming paint workshops. The good news – this is the official invite!
The bad news, most of the workshops are almost full to capacity. There are a few spots left in most (only 1 in one of the workshops) so read through and see which is the right fit for you!
There are two ways you can learn how to paint furniture:
1. You can teach yourself, and try to figure out the best techniques by spending months searching through magazines or the internet. This is doable, but it takes up precious time and you’ll never be able to ask questions or get feedback on your work.
2. You can find a mentor who will show you everything they know (including never before revealed faux painting secrets), work side by side with you to complete your projects, and be there to answer all your questions.
The choice is easy—#2 is a far better option if you’re serious about learning furniture painting and want to unlock all the design possibilities of your home.
That’s why I’m hosting monthly paint classes at Village Antiques, where you’ll learn from both myself and my staff the secrets to transforming your current furniture into gorgeous works of art, using only paint.
Which class is your “glass slipper?”
We’re putting on four different classes each month of summer, so you get to pick which one fits you best. The choices are:
1. Essentials (FREE)-New to the world of chalk furniture paint and want to see what is all about? Then this is the demonstration for you.
It’s our most popular option, and what we recommend to beginners.
*Please note this is a demonstration only. If you want a hands-on experience we recommend the next workshop, The Beginners Hands-On Workshop.
You’ll learn the fundamentals about our products—everything from our step-by-step process to applying the paint, drying times, how to select colors that work best together, mistakes to avoid, and additional pro secrets and tips.
We guarantee that this workshop will let you recreate your favorite designer looks in under 2 HOURS (versus weeks). It’s our most popular option, and what we recommend to beginners.
2. Beginners Hands-On Workshop- Have the basics down? Then this class is for you. We’ll dive into more advanced topics that will give your furniture the professional POP and finishes to set it apart from the hobbyists. You’ll learn how to use our antiquing glazes to create furniture that looks antique and expensive…even if it’s brand new or a bargain find.
You’ll also be shown the fundamentals of distressing. If you truly want to give your furniture that “old-timey” vibe, then it’s absolutely VITAL you learn how to distress your paint.
You’ll leave the class with samples and your very own painted decorative object. Plus, you’ll learn 2 bonus tips that we don’t teach any other class.
3. Advanced Pro Class- Get ready to skyrocket your skills to the professional level. In the pro class, you’ll learn:
– How to layer colors to add depth and brilliance to your furniture. You will learn not just one but TWO techniques the pros use
– Whitewashing techniques
– Pro distressing techniques and the fail-proof Amitha Verma Antiquing System to create an authentic finish
– The secret to signature finishes like dry-brushing
– Amitha’s treasure trove of favorite techniques to make an ordinary, flat piece come alive with detail (this should be its own class)
– How to recreate the beautiful French Country Style on your own furniture.
* It is highly recommended you take the Beyond Basics or the Happy Hour course before enrolling for the Advanced Pro Class. We will jump right into several Advanced Techniques. Plus, you’ll get to leave with samples you can keep referring back to for years to come.
Click here to Register or the image below:
4. Happy Hour. Just want to have some fun but still learn a thing or two? Then come in with the piece you want to paint and a certified Amitha Verma teacher will show you how to paint the right way. You’ll learn how to avoid costly mistakes, we’ll help you with color suggestions, show you how to apply sealer and antiquing glazes like a pro, and give you expert tips and guidance. Bring a friend, make it a ladies afternoon or personalized party event! Perfect for private parties or fundraising events!
What’s more, you’ll leave with a finished product!
All of our classes are small, with only a handful of people. This means you get personal attention no matter which class you choose.
But they fill up fast, so sign up now before your spot is gone! Click here to register:
p.s. spots are extremely limited in this exclusive course series. Don’t delay, register today to avoid disappointment
High-priced interior decorators desperately want this hidden: YOU can transform your home into a gorgeous dwelling—all by yourself—and save thousands. All you need is a few dollars’ worth of material. Access this amazing secret RIGHT NOW, and revitalize your home...in just a few hours.